Simple Southwestern Casserole by Holly Clegg
February 2, 2022
Here is another fabulous recipe from Holly Clegg’s trim&TERRIFIC Kitchen 101 Cookbook! I am all about this yummy recipe! Check it out and round up the ingredients and make a meal your family will devour!
Simple Southwestern Casserole
Simple Southwestern CasseroleHolly Clegg
Zesty, meaty casserole with a biscuit surprise — you will be amazed at how extraordinarily tasty this simple combination is. This recipe has become so popular in my family.
Course Main Course
- 1 Pound Ground Sirloin
- 1 Onion chopped
- a 10 ounce can Enchilada Sauce
- 1 8 ounce can Tomato Sauce
- 1 15 ounce can Black Beans Rinsed & Drained
- 1 cup Frozen Corn
- 1 8 to 10 count can reduced-fat refrigerator biscuits
- 1 cup Shredded reduced-fat Mexican blend cheese
- 1/3 cup green onions chopped
- 1) Preheat oven 350°F. Coat 13x9x2-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2) In large nonstick skillet, cook meat and onion until meat is done; drain excess fat. Add enchilada sauce, tomato sauce, black beans and corn, stirring well. Cut biscuits into fourths and stir into meat mixture.
- 3) Transfer to prepared pan. Bake 25 minutes. Remove from oven, sprinkle with cheese and green onions. Return to oven and bake 5-7 minutes more or until cheese is melted.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 257 Calories from Fat 28% Fat 8g Saturated Fat 4g Cholesterol 36mg Sodium 815mg Carbohydrates 27g Dietary Fiber 4g Total Sugars 5g Protein 20g, Dietary Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 2 lean meat Terrific Tip: Use kitchen scissors to make cutting biscuits easy. If you have trouble finding enchilada sauce, you can substitute salsa.
Casseroles are perfect in winter weather.
This looks delicious! I love how easy it is to make. I have to try it.
Thanks for sharing this recipe! Can’t wait to give it a try!
Not a fan of casseroles – but it sounds tasty
Maybe you have not had a good Casserole then 😉 I happen to love it as it is comfort food at its most delicious 😉
True. I have had some good ones (my mom made one called kidney beans Italian I loved), but also some very, very bad ones LOL
I am always looking for new meals to feed my family.
This sounds really good. I love casserole and I am looking forward to making this!
I love a good casserole but this one needs some “Norfolk” dumplings – https://www.countrylife.co.uk/food-drink/make-norfolk-dumplings-176900
I bet those dumplings are amazing! I love a good batch of my moms Chicken and Dumplings 😉