Smothered Chicken from Holly Clegg
February 2, 2022
I am excited to share a delicious recipe from Holly Clegg’s trim&TERRIFIC Kitchen 101 Cookbook! Take a look at this delicious recipe & make this for your family today!
Smothered Chicken from Holly CleggHolly Clegg
Effortless flavorsome chicken in a rich brown gravy served over rice is the ultimate comfort food. When done, leave on simmer until ready to serve, you can’t overcook — just gets more tender.
Course Main Course
Calories 216 kcal
- 1 Large Nonstick Skillet
- 1 small bowl
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 tsp Garlic minced
- 1/2 cup Water
- 2 pounds Bonelss Chicken Breasts
- 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour Dissolve it in 1/2 Cup of water.
- 1 cup Fat-Free Chicken Broth
- 1 bunch Green Onions chopped
- 2 tbsp Parsley chopped
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1) In large nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, sauté onion and garlic until tender and browned, 5–7 minutes.
- 2) Add 1/2 cup water and continue cooking 5 minutes. Add chicken. Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover and cook 20-30 minutes until chicken is tender.
- 3) In small cup mix together flour and water and add to skillet, stirring until smooth and thickens. Gradually add broth, cooking until chicken is done and gravy is bubbling, another 15-20 minutes.
- 4) Stir in green onions, parsley, and season to taste.
Nutritional info per serving: Calories 216, Calories from Fat 18%, Fat 4g, Saturated Fat 1g, Cholesterol 97mg, Sodium 249mg, Carbohydrates 9g, Dietary Fiber 2g, Total Sugars 3g, Protein 33g, Dietary Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 4 lean meat Terrific Tip: If you’re only using a small amount of parsley, dried parsley is fine.
Deliciously Savvy received product and/or compensation in exchange for an honest and unbiased review post and all opinions are 100% my own. This post contains affiliate links and I may make a small commission used to support this blog at no cost to you, if the product is ordered via the link within this post. Thank you for stopping by and enjoy!
my best auntie used to make a version of this., i would love to try this!
Wonderful for a cold weather dinner!
This looks delicious & I love that it’s not many ingredients.
Delicious! My family would enjoy this dish!
I am ALWAYS looking for new recipes. And this sounds fantastic!
I have everything but the green onions – this may be dinner tomorrow
One of my favourite dinners.
This looks delicious! I love chicken.