Why should ‘hoomans’ have all the fun? If we get tired of the same variety of meals and seek constant novelty, imagine our poor canine friends who get to sample the same old meals day in and day out.
The best way to provide a break from this monotony is to cook up some healthy and easy dog food recipes. Here are some simple and easy dog food recipes that are easy on the pocket and sure to leave your pup drooling for more!
Easy dog food recipe #1
Millet and Rice Vegetable Dish
1 cup cooked rice (white or brown)
1 cup cooked millet
3 cups of mixed cooked vegetables (carrots, pumpkins, sweet potatoes, squash, green peas)
2 Tbsp organic oil (coconut is our top preference_
1/2 cup water or veggie stock (low sodium)
1. Take a large pot and combine the rice, millet, oil and water.
2. In a large pot, combine rice, millet, oil and water.
3. Give the vegetables a nice whirl in the blender until the texture is smooth and creamy. Add this mixture to the grains. Serve it warm.
Easy dog food recipe #2
Lentil and Rice Veggie Delight
● 1 cup mixed lentils
● 2 Cups water
● 1 cup brown rice
● 3 cups water
● 8 ounces cubed tofu
● Olive oil
● 2 eggs
● 2 cups cottage cheese
● Azestfor Canine Nutritional Supplement
● Shredded cheese
1. Rinse and soak lentils and rice separately for fifteen minutes. Either cook the rice and lentils in an instant pot or pressure cooker. If you don’t have an instant pot, simmer on slow in a 4-quart pot for about an hour.
2. Now turn off the heat and let the cooked rice and lentils rest with the lid on for about 10 minutes.
3. Chop finely or slice neatly the eggplant, zucchini, squash and potato. Add the cubed tofu to this mix. Now cook vegetables and tofu in olive oil or other organic oil of your choice and simmer them in a saucepan for about 20 minutes. Finally, mix in the eggs. Sprinkle this mixture with salt, pepper and turmeric.
4. Combine the rice mixture with the vegetables in a large pot. Mix in the cottage cheese and Azestfor canine nutritional supplement. Azestfor is a vitamin mineral supplement powder for dogs with 21 vitamins & minerals including calcium and phosphorous, natural kelp and chia Seeds for Omega 3 & 6 Fatty Acid.
5. Serve this to your dog with shredded cheese on top to make it more appetizing and provide extra protein.
Easy dog food recipe #3
Dog Biscuit Treat
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup oats
½ cup buttermilk
1/2 cup flaxseed
1/4 cup peanut butter
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine together the flour, oats and flaxseed. Mix in 1/2 cup buttermilk and peanut butter. Mix well, adding more buttermilk if necessary to form a thick dough. Shape the dough into a ball and turn out onto a lightly floured surface.
3. Roll out biscuits of about ¼ inch thickness and cut them into your favorite shapes. .
4. Bake to a golden brown for nearly 20-25 minutes. You will need to flip them in between. Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown, flipping halfway.
5. Cool completely.. Store them in an airtight container. These keep good for about a week.
Easy dog food recipe #4
Cinnamon Apple Quick Treat
1 cup dry quick cook oatmeal
½ cup cinnamon Applesauce or Applesauce with a pinch of cinnamon added to it
1 large egg
1. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees
2. Pour oatmeal into a large mixing bowl. Add applesauce and mix well for a bit. Once everything seems mixed thoroughly, add the egg and mix again.
3. If you want to shape them into fancy shapes, take out those moulds and scoop the mixture into the moulds. If not, use a cookie sheet lined with butter paper or grease it with oil. Spoon the mix onto the sheet using a tablespoon.
4. Bake in the oven for nearly 25 minutes. Set the timer and allow the magic to happen. Serve once cooled.
As you can see from these simple and DIY dog food recipes, it is not difficult to cook up a tasty and healthy meal for your dogs, provided you have the time and interest in cooking.