My Savvy Review Of The PROW Portable Air Compressor Tire Inflator
I am not sure about you, but when it comes to driving and traveling I like to ensure I have covered all of my bases by having my car inspected and by also having the proper tools in my car that I may need in the event of a ‘what if’. If there is one thing that I have learned over the years is that when I am prepared for the ‘what ifs’ I don’t end up needing those tools and when I am not prepared…… I always do and wish I had prepared better. There are several must-haves for my car and my new favorite is the PROW Portable Air Compressor. I am actually putting this one in my daughters vehicle as I want to make sure she has what she needs in the event she needs it and the PROW Portable Air Compressor is the perfect unit for her as it does so much and it is crazy easy to use. Let’s take a look at why everyone needs to have the PROW Portable Air Compressor Tire Inflator with AC/DC Electric Pump and why I am loving it too.
First let me tell you a bit about the Prow Tire Inflator/ Air Compressor. This multipurpose unit packs a punch with all that you can do as it is built for both the car and the home. It is a compact and sleek design that makes it easy to store in your car to use anytime that you need it. There is the cigarette lighter socket that will power the unit for your car use anytime that you may need it while on the road & I love that it was built to be so versatile as you can inflate your tires using the home power cord in the comfort of your garage when at home. I also love that it can be used to inflate so many other things such as balls, bike tires, inflatables for the kiddos, pool floats, air mattresses and more with the included various adaptor nozzles.
This Electric Air Pump from Prow is an air compressor with an analog pressure gauge which for me is so much easier to read and understand versus a complicated digital gauge. It is built to last too and is super easy to use….
1) Connect the plug into the electrical outlet (using the DC adaptor for the car) or the AC adaptor to sue at home.
2) Take off the cap to your tires valve stem and put the pump onto the stem.
3) Turn on the tire pump & begin filling watching the gauge.
4) Once the tire reaches the appropriate pressure, turn the pump off and take the guess off and recap the valve stem and you are good to go. This is where I put everything away and wrap the PROW Portable Air Compressor into its handy cary case.
Pretty easy to use right!? The Prow Portable Air Compressor and Tire Inflator is a must have and it comes with everything. you need to keep it organized and to provide you all of the options that this bad boy can do. It’s comes with a nice carry bag making it convenient to store in the car and it comes in a beautiful design with vibrant colors. It makes the perfect for gift for any gal in your life and anyone over 40 due to its incredibly easy to use design and it comes with a strong 120W motor that inflates whatever you need in record time. Back that up with a 3 year warranty and amazing customer service and you know that this is a must have for any vehicle and household you throw its way.
5 Reasons Why You Should Keep A PROW Portable Tire Air Compressor Close By:
1. Comfort – I love that with the Prow Portable Air Compressor you can quickly and easily fill your car tires. No more trips to the gas station to fill up your tires… you have the unit to do just that at home. In case you did not know… it is important to check the air levels in your tires as on average…. your tires will lose about a kilogram of air (1 PSI) each month, so checking it regularly and using this unit from Prow when you need a quick fill is a must. If you go months at a time without checking the air in your tires… that means you could be down 3 or 4 PSI which is never a good thing as it will prematurely wear your tires down. The Prow Portable Air Compressor & Tire Inflator will help you keep your tire pressure levels at the recommended factory levels which means your tries will benefit and last their optimal lifespan all while providing the performance you paid for.
2. Accuracy – Tire manufacturers suggest checking the tires on your vehicle or motorcycle when they are cool as that will provide a more accurate reading of your tire pressure. Outside temperatures can cause changes in you tire pressure…. usually 1 PSI for every 10 degrees, and higher, hotter temperatures mean a higher PSI reading. Tires are considered cooler when you have let the car sit parked for three or more hours, so that is the perfect time to take those readings. This is why the PROW Portable Air Compressor is a great investment because when you drive to the gas station to check your tire pressure levels…. you are likely to get a less accurate reading as your tires are now warmed up from driving.
3. Savings – This is my favorite part… the Fuel Savings! According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), for every kilogram of pressure (PSI) beneath what is recommended, means that your vehicle is using about .2% more fuel. Keeping your tires properly inflated means you will get better gas mileage which means savings in your pocket. By not checking your tires once a month and keeping them properly inflated means that your air pressure will drop and you will have given up 2% of your fuel economy. The Department of Transportation estimates that 5 million gallons of fuel is wasted each day because of low tire pressure. That is more than 2 billion gallons per year of wasted money and energy which is crazy and a shame.
4. Wear & Tear – Another thing I love is that by ensuring your tires are properly inflated…. your tires will last longer. The life expectancy of your tires dramatically decreases if they are not properly maintained. Tires that are not filled properly at recommended PSI levels can also be a huge danger when on the road since they tend to distort and are liable to burst and cause an accident. For every 3 units of PSI beneath what is recommended, there is about a 10% increase in wear to your tires. In a worst case scenario…. and this is not uncommon by the way, a driver will find his tires to be 10 PSI below the manufacturers recommended levels which will cause this driver 45% more wear on his tires and I don’t know about you… but tires are crazy expensive right now so making sure that your tires are properly inflated will keep them newer longer and lasting their lifetime which saves money.
5. Emergencies – For emergencies, like when you get a puncture in the middle of a trip and there is a small leak in the tire, the PROW Portable Air Pump comes in and can fill your tire with air to get you on your way using the DC adaptor and charging straight from your car while on the road. I love this because you won’t find yourself stuck in the middle of the road waiting around for help to come get you. You can help yourself!
So what do you think of the PROW Portable Air Compressor?! Do you ave an air compressor of your own in your vehicle? Do you need one and do you know someone else that may!? Make sure to check out this unit as I am loving it, it is so easy to use and all of the cords (AC & DC) nest inside of the unit keeping it organized and neat and the carry case keeps the unit itself and all of the different nozzles and even a few fuses all together until the event that I need them. Check this unit out on Amazon today and gift it to those special people in your life too and ensure they are prepared!
AMAZON ~ FACEBOOK ~ INSTAGRAM
Deliciously Savvy received products and/or compensation in exchange for an honest and unbiased review post and all opinions are 100% my own. This post contains affiliate links and I may make a small commission used to support this blog at no cost to you, if the item is ordered via the link in this post. Thank you for stopping by and enter a giveaway while you are here!
I need this. I usually get a low pressure warning and I hate having to go to the gas station to get it filled.
I’ve been meaning to buy a portable air compressor for me to keep in my garage for emergency purposes. So this review couldn’t of come at a better time! Thank you so much for sharing this with us!
You bet and you will love it! Works perfectly and can plus into an outlet in your garage or into the car! Backed up with a 3 year warranty!
I love that it can be used on bikes. My boys would love it.
Forever My Little Moon
This would be so handy to have on hand! We have an air compressor but it’s not this portable.
I need this tire inflator! It sounds really easy to use and it would put my mind at ease having one in the car.
We have basically just like that and love it. Hubby uses it often for the tires on the golf cart and car.
It is so versatile! Perfect in the summer with pool floats and such 😉
This looks compact and useful, the touch of pink is cute too!
Yes and it is perfect or us gals! Make sure you enter to win one!
MICHAEL A LAW
Going to.have to get one of these. Very cool
I love the fact that it is portable and you can use it on all tires.
I really need one of these! Very nice.
Is this as compact as it looks? Would love to see a photo of it – say on the floor in the back seat of a car.
This sounds wonderful and thanks for your review.
MICHAEL A LAW
Thank you for your review on this. I’m going to get one
I love it and my daughter keeps to in her car!
I’d love to get one for my son. Good review.
IT is a must have in our cars…. we have my daughter outfitted with that one ion her car 😉