My Savvy Review of ChefsTemp Finaltouch X10 & How it Compares to the Thermoworks Thermapen
I am super excited to share my review of the ChefsTemp Finaltouch X10 as I have been on the hunt for the perfect meat thermometer and making sure to have one that is accurate… is of the utmost importance to me. Think about it…. You spend close to $200 for a beautiful prime rib roast and now you have to cook it to perfection. Making sure you that you have a precise and accurate meat thermometer is crucial as you do not want to overcook this stellar cut of meat. If cooked properly… you will impress your guests with a perfectly cooked prime rib roast which is why I had to share my love of the ChefsTemp Finaltouch X10 meat thermometer with you all as this bad boy will help you to do just that. This meat thermometer is amazing and below I will discuss all that I love about the ChefsTemp Finaltouch X10 Meat Thermometer and how it stacks up against the Thermoworks Thermapen.
The ChefsTemp Finaltouch X10 meat thermometer is an amazing piece of technology and it incorporates all of the latest in technology to bring you the safest indoor and outdoor cooking experience. In fact….this technology is why chefs from around the globe have rated ChefsTemp thermometers as the best steak thermometer of 2021 and that is something that I can appreciate for sure. The ChefsTemp Finaltouch X10 is super fast and extremely accurate, has a 270 degree rotation probe, an intelligent backlight which I love when I am grilling as well as an auto-rotating display, motion-activated wake-up mode, and IP67 Waterproof rating and magnetic backing which makes it perfect for keeping in your outdoor grilling area or on the side of your fridge or stove.
Take a look at this video which showcases how perfectly the ChefsTemp Finaltouch X10 Meat Thermometer works…
ChefsTemp Finaltouch X10 Product Features
1) The ChefsTemp Finaltouch X10 meat thermometer is amazingly fast and accurate. The unit uses top-of-the-line thermocouple technology to give pinpoint temperature readings as soon as you put the probe into the piece of meat or seafood you are cooking. It provides ±0.7F accuracy and 1-3 seconds readout times which is lightning fast!
2) The ChefsTemp FinalTouch X10 provides a 270 degree rotation probe which make sit perfect for left handed cooks and for reaching awkward angles too.
3) It provides you with an auto-rotating display as it has built-in motion sensors that can detect if the device is upside down and if so… it will rotate the display accordingly so that you can read it anytime and in any angle or position.
4) The ChefsTemp Finaltouch X10 also has an intelligent backlight which I love. The backlit motion-sensing display sleeps and wakes automatically and it is nice and bright and easy to view…. Even in the dimmest of conditions.
5) It is also motion-activated via its wake-up mode so that when you pick up the unit, it will turn on instantly. If you set it down…. It will activate the battery-saving sleep mode which is convenient and sustainable. This bad blow blows away the competition in battery longevity (2000+ hours!)
6) The ChefsTemp Finaltouch X10 also comes with an IP67 waterproof rating which mean sit can withstand up to 1 meter of water. I love this as I do not have to worry when using this piece outdoors, in the event it rains by surprise… as this bad boy is protected.
7) Another thing that I love about the ChefsTemp Finaltouch X10 is that if you are cooking outdoors and darkness begins to creep upon you… there is absolutely no need to worry as this unit can sense when it is dark and it will illuminate with a backlight so that you can see the temperature.
8) Last but no least….. the ChefsTemp Finaltouch X10 has magnetic backing which is a feature I fell in love with immediately as you can keep it right on the side of your fridge to grab whenever you need it. I keep mine in my outdoor grilling area on the inside panel of my grill via the magnetic backing and it stays safe and secure as it will stick to any metal surface.
Now…before I had the chance to use the ChefsTemp Finaltouch X10 meat thermometer…. I was using the classic Thermoworks Thermapen. The Thermoworks Thermapen provides some of the same features that I love about the ChefsTemp Finaltouch X10 meat thermometer BUT it is also missing many of the features I love about the ChefsTemp Finaltouch X10 which to me makes the ChefsTemp Finaltouch X10 the better buy. There is….
*NO magnetic backing
*NO 270 degree rotation probe to make the unit easy to use by right handed and left handed individuals.
*NO Convenient hanging hole
Other differences of the Thermapen versus the ChefsTemp Finaltouch X10 is that the Thermapen can take 10 minutes to auto-shutoff. This is very different than the ChefsTemp Finaltouch as it has the built in motion activation so that when you lay it down it shuts off automatically saving the life of your batteries (up to 2000+ more hours!). Also… the Thermapen uses a Lithium Battery versus the ChefsTemp Finaltouch X10 using AAA batteries. I love that ChefsTemp used AAA batteries as they are easier for me to have on hand to replace when I need to. Also… can we check out the price difference!? You get so much more bang for your buck with the ChefsTemp Finaltouch X10 versus the Thermapen all without sacrificing precision and accuracy.
The ChefsTemp Finaltouch X10 beats the Thermapen in so many areas for me….starting with that price difference. The ChefsTemp Finaltouch X10 has the better display, it has better usability as compared to the other Thermapen models and it provides a better battery life PLUS it is a available at an insanely amazing price. Add to that the features that the ChefsTemp Finaltouch X10 has listed above that the Thermapen does not… and the ChefsTemp Finaltouch X10 Meat Thermometer is the clear winner. This unit pays for itself in all of the meat you will save by not overcooking them. Check it out for yourself and pick one up as it is the must have culinary tool for any home chef and cook and will ensure your meats and seafood are cooked to perfection… each and every time. This bad boy makes the perfect gift too for many on your gift giving list…..so check it out today!
For A Limited Time ~ Save 10% on your order of the FinalTouch X10 fro ChefsTemp! Use code finaltouch10.
WEBSITE ~ FACEBOOK ~ TWITTER ~ INSTAGRAM
Deliciously Savvy received product and/or compensation in exchange for an honest and unbiased review post and all opinions are 100% my own. This post contains affiliate links and I may make a small commission used to support this blog is the product is ordered via the links in this post. Thanks for stopping by and enjoy!
We have been watching Masterchef and they use thermometers all the time. It is not something that I have ever considered but then I have also over cooked meat a few times! It will definitely help with roasts and larger pieces of meat.
Exactly! It is those larger cuts that this is perfect for 😉
I love this! The rotation probe sounds phenomenal! Thanks for the review!
Thanks for your honest reviews, I have never actually used a meat themometer – I have been thinking of buying one.
I was never sure how useful one of these would be, but it sounds like I do need to invest in a temperature probe!
I was just talking to my husband about getting a thermometer for our grill, I think this is the one we need
It is fabulous and works perfectly and the precision is everything as I have had the most amazing grilled meats using this 😉
Oh my gosh, this is amazing! I am going to bookmark it to save as a birthday gift idea for my husband. I love the magnetic backing as well as the fact that it’s waterproof. He can leave it attached to the side of the grill without a worry.
Rose A (@mail4rosey)
Overcooked meat is the worst. I agree this is worth it’s weight in gold.
This little gadget sounds amazing! I need to get one of these.