Bake A Perfect Vintage Style Red Velvet Cake
Red Velvet cake gained a huge amount of popularity in the 1940s. There are different types of legends and stories related to the origin of the Red Velvet cakes and every region has its own style of a Red Velvet cake recipe. Now, this article tells you about preparing an authentic vintage style Red Velvet cake recipe that you can make from the scratch in your home. The entire recipe takes forty minutes to prepare (30 minutes for preparing the cake and 10 minutes for frosting the cake) and 30 minutes for cooking.
Now it’s time to know about the preparation of the Red Velvet Cake-
Things you will need:
Two and a half cups of all purpose flour
One and a half cups of regular sugar
Baking powder- 1 teaspoon
Cocoa Powder- 1 large teaspoon
One cup of fresh buttermilk at room temperature
One and a half cup of vegetable oil
Two large sized eggs
Red food coloring- 2 tablespoons
1 teaspoon of white distilled Vinegar
1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
Vegetable oil – 3 teaspoons ( it is used for greasing the pan)
9-inch Baking Pans- 3
The method of preparing the cake:
1. First, you need to preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Now separate the egg whites and yolks
3. Add sugar to the yolks and whisk it well
4. Add vegetable oil, buttermilk, and vinegar and blend it very well until the sugar gets fully dissolved
5. Take a separate bowl and place the egg whites in it and whisk it to get it to the dropping consistency.
6. Add the red food coloring to the egg white and whisk it for some more time and set it aside.
7. Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, Vanilla extract, and Baking powder
8. Add the mixture of flour to the vinegar and Vanilla mixture and mix it well and make sure there’s no single lump in the mixture.
9. Now, add the red colored egg whites to the batter and fold it nicely until they are well incorporated.
10. It’s time to grease the baking pan. You should do it vegetable oil and dust the inside with a little amount of flour.
11. Pour the batter equally in the three pans
12. Bake it in the oven for about 30 minutes.
13. Once the cake is prepared, invert it on a cooling rack and let it cool off completely.
Now as the obvious thing you know that any kind of Red Velvet cake is incomplete without a delicious cream cheese frosting, it’s time to prepare it in a perfect manner-
Things you will need for making the frosting:
2 cups of cream cheese
2 cups of iced sugar
1 teaspoon of Vanilla extract
1 cup of unsalted butter
Mix the cream cheese, butter, and the icing sugar and continue beating until it gets fully fluffy.
Now add the Vanilla extract and your frosting is ready.
Finally, you need to do that toothpick test and if you have found the cake ready, you should let the cake cool for next 2 hours at least and then serve it to your guests and family members.
The highly delectable taste of this cake would definitely put a long-lasting positive impression in everyone’s mind.