Your skin regenerates new cells constantly creating an entirely new skin in a period of around 27 days.
As these new cells are formed, the old, dead cells are pushed to the surface of the skin and this is what gives your skin a dull and rough appearance.
The dead layer of skin also prevents nutrients, sunlight and fresh air from reaching the dermis or upper most layer of live skin cells making it difficult to keep moist and well toned.
And according to SkincareRejuvenation.org, constantly removing the top layer of dead cells is therefore essential for having a smooth and radiant skin.
Follow these 7 simple tips to ensuring that you skin is glowing and well toned all day, every day.
1. Basic Daily Skincare Ritual
Removing dead skin cells is far easier than most people believe and simply washing your face everyday with a suitable cleanser will eliminate most of the cells.
Toning your skin with an astringent directly after washing will help reduce pore size and remove any additional impurities that remain after cleansing.
Follow with a good moisturizer that isn’t to oily or watery to nourish the new cells that have been exposed. Keep in mind that soap, water and astringent toners can dry out your skin.
It is recommended to follow this 3-step cleansing ritual twice a day – once in the morning and once at night.
Your daily cleansing, toning and moisturizing skincare ritual may not be sufficient to remove all dead skin cells and these can build up over a period of just a few days.
Exfoliating with a rough cloth or scrubbing brush will remove these dead cells on the body but is not ideal for the sensitive facial area. Rather invest in a quality, gentle facial exfoliator that will remove dead cells without damaging the skin.
There are plenty of home remedies available that you can try that are highly effective at scrubbing the face.
It is recommended to scrub your face gently at least once a week or twice a week if necessary. Scrubbing too hard or too often can result in damage and broken capillaries or blood vessels on the surface of the skin.
3. Face Mask
A face mask every now and again will give your skin that little extra nourishment and care that it needs.
There are a wide range of masks available on the market, each that are beneficial to address specific skin care needs. If you have a dry skin, then it is best to opt for a nourishing, moisturizing face mask.
Oily skins may be better suited to a mask that cleanses deep into the pores and removes excess oil and impurities.
Some gel face masks are even designed to remove those irritating black heads that can detract from an even skin tone.
Once again, it is not recommended to use a face mask too often as this can upset the pH balance. About once a week should be sufficient. Remember to try out some natural skin masks like avocado or oatmeal and honey.
4. Know Your Skin Type
It is essential to know and understand your skin type before purchasing any skin care or beauty products.
The products used on your skin should always compliment your skin type and what works for one person may not necessarily provide the same results for another skin type. If you have a dry skin, it is best to avoid cleanser or toners that will dry the skin out further and creamy cleansers are far more suitable.
For an oily skin, moisturizing with a non-oily moisturizer is essential. Dry skin types are also likely to accumulate dead skin cells and may need to be exfoliated more often than oily skin where the excess moisture aids in the removal of the unwanted cells.
There is simply no sense in achieving the most radiant and smooth skin and then layering on primer, foundation and powder to hide it all. Take it easy on the amount of make-up that you use and make sure that it compliments your skin tone and skin type well.
Use a foundation to even out your skin tone rather than to try to entirely cover up spots and marks. Powder should be used sparingly to soak up that excess oil from your moisturizer or foundation and not result in dull looking skin.
Let your own naturally skin’s radiance shine through rather than opting to apply layers and layers of make-up for to achieve fake radiance.
Massage is highly beneficial to the skin as it releases toxins and tones the facial muscles. A regular massage with a nutrient rich cream can help lift the face and produce that natural glow. Electric or magnetic facial massage machines are available that deliver great results.
Massaging the face once or twice a month can be highly beneficial to achieve a smoother more radiant skin.
7. Professional Skin Care Solutions
There are times when you skin just needs that extra bit of assistance to bring out the natural glow, even the tone and promote elasticity. Your local beautician or beauty salon may offer the following solutions for a younger, healthier looking skin:
– Microdermabrasion exfoliates the top layer exposing a new layer of cells that provides glowing results and a much smoother, polished skin. It can also help reduce the appearance of dark marks and spots. However, this doesn’t have to be done by a professional. There are machines available that allow people to exfoliate their skin from the comfort of their own home. Using the Best Microdermabrasion Machine at Home can save people money and time, whilst still allowing them to have glowing skin.
– Dermabrasion penetrates deeper into the dermis and can help treat more extreme conditions such as acne scars and pits in the skin.
– Laser skin resurfacing is growing in popularity and can help reduce wrinkles, acne scars and other skin irregularities. There is an increase in the popularity of surgical treatments like this as they can prevent people from having to go under the knife to help get rid of their insecurities and to gain back their confidence.
– Chemical peels resurfaces the top layer of the skin using chemicals and is used to reduce dark marks as well as irregularities.
– Dermal fillers may not achieve radiant results but are the best way to smooth out fine lines and wrinkles.
Taking good care of your skin on a daily basis will ensure that it gets the nutrients it deserves by using quality skincare products, eating a healthy diet and regular exercise.