The Great Chicken Challenge with House-Autry & A Contest! #GreatChickenChallenge
This post is sponsored by House-Autry Mills. I am being compensated for being a part of The Great Chicken Challenge, but Deliciously Savvy only shares information we feel is relevant to our readers. House-Autry Mills is not responsible for the content of this article.
I was so thrilled to be a part of The Great Chicken Challenge and to work with House-Autry! They have a fabulous line of products designed to create delicious dishes of all kinds. I took part in The Great Chicken Challenge by submitting my Favorite Chicken Recipe and allowing House-Autry to revamp the recipe which now includes a few House-Autry products. I was not disappointed in any way… in fact I love this dish even better now! The chicken is cooked and fried to perfection like never before with the addition of the House-Autry Yellow Plain Cornmeal and it is scrumptious! You will want to try this one for yourself! I will be using this revised recipe going forward because the House-Autry recipe is just so much more delicious! YUMMM!
Founded in 1812 and based in Four Oaks, N.C., House-Autry Mills is a producer of stone ground grits, chicken and seafood breaders, corn meal, and hushpuppy, biscuit and corn bread mixes available at grocery stores, mass outlets and dollar stores nationwide. The company has produced innovative products for more than 200 years and offers nearly three-dozen classic Southern products. For more information, please visit www.house-autry.com.
Number of Servings : 4
Prep Time : 20 minutes
Cook Time : 40 minutes
- 2 baby eggplant, sliced half inch thick
- 1 1/2 pounds of skinless boneless chicken breasts, about two large breasts – Cut in half length wise
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 2/3 cup fresh fine grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup House-Autry Yellow Plain Cornmeal
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 – 15 ounce can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon of white sugar
- 2/3 cup House-Autry Cocktail Sauce
- 1 – 12 ounce pack of sliced fresh mozzarella
- 2 oe 3 sprigs of Italian flat leaf parsley, finely chopped (optional)
- salt and fresh ground pepper for seasoning
- Preheat oven to High Broil
- Preheat Deep Fryer to 375 degrees
- Blanch the eggplant slices in boiling salted water in batches for two minutes.
- Remove from water; place the eggplant on a baking sheet with a baking rack to drain.
- Once drained, brush the eggplant with cooking oil on each side, and place under the broiler for 3 minutes per side. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- In a small saucepan with some oil, cook the onions and garlic until softened, and until golden. Stir in the tomatoes, oregano, sugar and cocktail sauce; bring to a simmer, season with salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- In a medium bowl combine the eggs and water. In another bowl combine the Parmesan and cornmeal.
- Dip the chicken in the egg wash, then dredge in the cornmeal mixture.
- Deep fry the chicken for 3 – 4 minutes, then drain.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Ina shallow 2 quart baking dish, spoon the tomato mixture in the bottom of the baking dish. Arrange overlapping rows of chicken, eggplant, and mozzarella on top of the tomato mixture.
- Top with remaining Parmesan and Mozzarella if any left over (that is why I always have a bit more… never too much cheese!)
- Bake uncovered for 35 – 40 minutes. Sprinkle with freshly chopped Parsley if you want and Serve!
I always make a fabulous box of spaghetti to go on the side and there is enough sauce to top the pasta with! It is the perfect side for the House-Autry Chicken Parmesan!!!
Do You Have a Recipe You Would Like To Turn In? If So You Can Submit Your Recipe And You May Win a $100 Gift Card!
They are looking for breakfast, lunch and dinner & snack/appetizer recipe suggestions! Submit your favorite below!
Visit Them On Social Media Too!
As Always, Thank You for Visiting Deliciously Savvy Today and Leave Some Comment Love While You Are Here!