The Site For All Things Delicious & Savvy! It is about Delicious & Healthy Recipes PLUS Fabulous Reviews and Giveaways! It Pertains To All Things Family…. Including my Furry BFF's! Savvy means that you are shrewd & knowledgeable in the realities of life! Visit Deliciously Savvy Daily For The Most Current Recipes, Reviews & Giveaways!
Patsy’s Italian Restaurant’s Famous Peach Crostata Recipe for Summer!
This is perfect for peach lovers out there! I am a huge fan as I would visit my grandparents yearly as a child and they lived in Georgia and they loved all things peaches! Because of those visits and the delicious desserts and foods my grandmother would make with peaches…. I am a huge fan of them myself. This recipe looks divine and I cannot wait to make it this weekend for Father’s Day. Allen will love it!
Summer is finally here and with it comes plenty of delicious, in-season fruit. Peaches are easy to come across this time of year and are so full of flavor, you barely have to do anything to them for the perfect dessert!
In honor of summer’s finest fruit, Patsy’s Italian Restaurant has come up with a light and refreshing dessert, a peach crostata. This crostata uses ingredients you probably already have in your pantry and is the perfect sweet ending to your weekend barbeque.
Check out the recipe below and enjoy! Perfect for Father’s Day and more!
A crostata can be made in a tart pan for a finished, “bakery” appearance, or it can be shaped free-form for a rustic look.
1. To make the dough: Mix the flour, sugar, and salt in a medium bowl. Add the butter and cut it in with a pastry blender or two knives until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs with some pea-size pieces of butter. Stir in enough water to moisten the flour mixture until it clumps together. Press the dough together: It should be moist and pliable enough to roll out without cracking, so add a little more water, if needed. Gather the dough into a thick disk, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour and up to 1 day. (The dough is easiest to roll out after 1 or 2 hours of chilling. If it is very chilled and hard, let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before rolling.
2. To make the filling. Toss the peaches, cornstarch and sugar together in a medium bowl.
3. Preheat the oven to 375F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
4. On a lightly floured work surface, roll out the dough into a 13-inch-diameter circle. Transfer it to the lined baking sheet. Leave a 3-inch-wide border, arrange the peach slices in to concentric circles, overlapping as needed, on the dough circle. Fold the exposed crust over the peaches, leaving some peaches exposed in the center. Dot with the butter and pour the juices from the filling bowl over the peach mixture.
5. Bake until the filling juices are bubbling and the crust is golden brown, about 45 minutes. Let cool on the baking sheet for at least 30 minutes. Carefully slide the crostata onto a serving dish. Serve warm or cool