Back To School Is Made Delicious With Perfect Fit Meals PLUS A Giveaway! #BackToSchoolPerfectFitMealsHPP @perfectfitmeals
Deliciously Savvy received product in exchange for an honest and unbiased review and all opinions are 100% my own. Regardless, I only review products that I am truly interested in for myself and my family and of course for sharing those reviews with my savvy readers. Thanks for stopping by and enjoy!
I am so thankful that we still have several weeks left of summer break here in the Northeast as there is nothing better than spending quality time with the kids. Before I know it, Back To School will be upon us so I am already prepping and getting ready for the Back To School grind and all that comes with it so that I am ahead of schedule for a change. Back To School means that I will be busy running around with the kiddos for school, after school activities, errands and everything else that a day can bring. I have to admit that I find it hard to eat a delicious meal that is healthy for me during those busy times as it is easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle and forget to take care of me. It is so easy to just give in and run through the drive through in those busy times as the thought of cooking a healthy meal can be an exhausting thought after everything is said and done. For this reason I am so excited to partner with Perfect Fit Meals as they provide delicious and healthy meals that taste amazing and that take minutes to make. I also love that Perfect Fit meals are perfectly portioned so that I can heat and eat all while knowing that I am not putting anything unhealthy into my body and that I am eating the perfect portion size as well.
I received 8 delicious meals from Perfect Fit Meals and so far they have all been delicious. I love that these are able to be stored in the fridge or for an even longer shelf life, you can put them into the freezer. They are super easy to make… simply pop into the microwave for 2 minutes right out of the refrigerator or put in the microwave for 4 minutes right out of the freezer. It does not get much easier than that. I just made the Herb Crusted Chicken with Roasted Potatoes and Green beans and it was super delish! I love that the chicken is real chicken and the veggies are perfectly cooked. I just added a bit of pepper and it was good to go. This is the perfect way to eat something healthy and delicious even with a super busy and hectic lifestyle.
Perfect Fit Meals are a better meal by design. They provide Hype-Free nutritious meals that you can count on. Every meal is nutritionally balanced by Perfect Fit Meals dieticians and they use low glycemic whole grains, nutrient dense veggies and lean animal proteins in each meal. There are absolutely no artificial colors or preservatives and everything used is fresh and wholesome ingredients that you would find at home. They use chef driven recipes that take fresh, all-natural ingredients and transform them into a variety of recipes that will keep you from getting bored of the same old, same old. Perfect Fit Meals make it exceptionally easy to enjoy healthy delicious meals and they are carefully crafted and sealed for freshness using the HPP process. The important nutritionals are front and center on every package to make it easier for you to make quick, informed decisions. And the best part… when you are ready to eat, it only takes 2 minutes to warm up!
So what do you think of Perfect Fit Meals? Are you like me and looking to eat healthier and live healthier but live a busy lifestyle that can make that a true challenge? Then you have to check out Perfect Fit Meals for yourself. Not sure where to find Perfect Fit Meals? Use this store locator to find a store near you! Also learn about the HPP food pasteurization technique used to package these delicious meals below!
Visit Perfect Fit Meals on social media to see what others have to say too & scroll to the bottom to enter to win 8 delicious Perfect Fit Meals to try for yourself!
HPP: WHAT IS IT?
HPP or High Pressure Processing is a food pasteurization technique recognized by the U.S.’s Food and Drug Administration, FDA, and used worldwide including: North America, Europe, Asia and Pacific.
Blaise Pascal first explored High Pressure Processing, HPP, when he began testing HPP on bacteria in the 1890’s. Bert Hite, a scientist at West Virginia University Agricultural Experimental Station, followed this research. Hite found that HPP could disable harmful microorganisms in foods such as milk, meat, fruits, and vegetables. In the early 1900’s a study by W. P. Larsen demonstrated that HPP regularly killed vegetative bacteria found in foods.
First commercial HPP products were: Fruit preserves in Japan in the mid 1990’s, guacamole in the U.S. by Wholly Guacamole (Formerly Avomex) in 1997 and cooked ham in Spain in 1999. HPP is cold pasteurization in pure water; it uses ultra-high pressure purified water to keep packaged food pathogen-free and to stay fresh longer. Food is subjected 87,000 lbs. of pressure per sq. inch, the same amount of pressure as six times the deepest part of the ocean. At this very high pressure bacteria such as Listeria, E. coli, and Salmonella are destroyed. Foods that use HPP include: meats, fruits, vegetables, juices, dairy and seafood.
• HPP is a “Clean Label”, natural pasteurization technique
• Offers better taste, texture and nutrition
• Delivers shelf-life extension & pathogen elimination
WHO USES HPP
HPP is currently utilized by a wide variety of products including: Beverages, meat, dairy, seafood, fruits and veggies. Now, more and more SKU’s across every category are increasingly using HPP. Emerging HPP categories include: refrigerated soups, baby food, pet foods, new functional beverage alternatives and ready meals.
• HPP food products market value: $12 billion now and will double within six years
• Growth Drivers:
1. More consumers and food companies both want “clean label” and convenience
2. HPP offers better taste, texture and nutrition than traditional high-heat pasteurization
HPP TECHNOLOGY ADVANCEMENT
• HPP is now more available through HPP service providers, which means start-up companies can use HPP technology without the financial investment in a HPP machine
• Recently, HPP machines have nearly doubled in capacity and the increased throughput helps make HPP more accessible financially
HPP FOOD SAFTEY
• HPP delivers an extended shelf life and pathogen elimination
• HPP preserves food products by inhibiting microbial growth
• HPP process inactivates bacteria such as Listeria, E. coli and Salmonella
• HPP products need high water content, be acidic & have a cold chain of distribution
• The new HPP Consumer Seal, called the “High Pressure Certified Seal” similar to the “Organic Seal” in which a third-party organization will verify the food has been HPP’d and the seal will be featured on the outside of the consumer packaging. The “High Pressure Certified Seal” has already appeared on juice products early 2018.
NEW HPP COUNCIL, COLD PRESSURE COUNCIL:
• The new HPP council, known as the Cold Pressure Council launched in April 2017. The goals for the Cold Pressure Council are developing best practices for the HPP industry and the new Cold Pressure Consumer Seal. The Cold Pressure Council consists of nine founding members including the following HPP leaders and food companies: JBT/Avure Technologies, Hiperbaric, American Pasteurization Company, Universal Pasteurization, Suja, Campbell’s, Evolution Fresh, West Liberty Foods and Good Foods Group.
About Avure /JBT Technologies Avure enables producers to implement High Pressure Processing, HPP, with the fastest, most reliable equipment. From installation and maintenance of equipment systems to recipe and package development, Avure helps producers increase food safety and extend shelf life while providing consumers with nutritious, natural, flavorful food. Avure equipment is used to treat the majority of all HPP-protected food around the world. More information is available at www.avure-hpp-foods.com.
Open to US residents and must be 18 years of age or older to enter.
1 Lucky Winner Will receive 8 Delicious Perfect Fit Meals Delivered To Their Door!
Disclaimer: Deliciously Savvy and any blog promoting this giveaway is not responsible for the awarding of the prize. Sponsor is responsible for prize fulfillment and shipping to winner. Any questions about this giveaway? Email Melissa At mcushing7 (at) hotmail (dot) com.